Dalmatia Stage Run is a trail running race in 5 stages. The courses pass through some of the most emblematic places of the region, with a natural and cultural heritage unique in the world.
The event will take place in five stages:
The event is also open to non-expert athletes,but caution and an adequate preparation for the distances to cover and the altimetry to overcome are required.
The final ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the sum of the five times of the five stages. Then in sequence, the athletes who will withdraw in one or more stages will be ranked on the basis of the km covered. It is also foreseen a so-called “3×10” ranking, for the athletes who will take part in the 10 km category of the 5th stage. Race timing system will be performed by the timekeeper team of .
The race courses will be marked with red – white tapes and arrows
The race is open to athletes, turned 18 before August 31, 2020. The participants will be divided into two categories:
The participants must have a medical certificate to compete in competitive sports, signed by the doctor that have been issued for less than a year.
Certificate will not be given back.
For certain countries where sports medical certificate are not issued or difficult to come by, we’ll be asking for a signed declaration of self liability.
Athletes are recommended to subscribe an individual insurance policy.
Competitors must be semi-self-sufficient. At each single stage, any participant MUST carry: (on risk of disqualification):
• Personal bib number, given by the Organization, which must always be perfectly and entirely visible and attached to the front of the shirt or jacket.
• Flasks or the like containing a 1 liter of liquid at least
• Mobile phone with full battery and with number of organizer memorized
• Food supplies according to each one’s need
• Survival blanket
• Trail shoes or closed running footwear are mandatory. It is forbidden to wear sandals or open shoes
Hiking sticks are optional.
Athletes’ equipment will be checked at the start and end of each stage. It is at athletes’ expense: – their own food supplies for each single stage. (It is recommended to bring supply for the longest four stages from one’s own country). There will be a supply point at all stages.
The competitors will check at the control points with the chip (arm band) pressing it next to a reader. Some control points will have cut off times. The loss of a chip is the sole responsibility of the participant. All the costs associated with its replacement shall be borne by the participant..
The organizers reserve the right to change course, race schedule and start times at any time.
The participants grant press and the organizing committee permission to use and publish the pictures and video materials taken during the race.
Race bag pick up will be on monday 07th od september during the general briefing. Briefings will be also held at the starting line of each single stage 10 minutes before the start.
The organization will have a security system throughout the course. However, as it will be impossible to cut road traffic in some places, participants must comply with the traffic rules on public-use roads and must respect the surrounding environment
Participants are fully aware of the risks connected with this competition and voluntarily assume full responsibility in taking part in this event. Organization will not be liable for any losses, damages, illness, injuries, including death.
Participants can be disqualified if they:
• miss the check at the start or in one of the control points over the courses;
• do not have one of the mandatory pieces of equipment (see article 7);
• use a means of transport;
• receive non-authorized aid;
• throw rubbish out of the aid stations;
• refuse to be visited by the doctor or organiser in any time of the race;
• are tested positive for doping. Any athlete can be drawn at random to undergo drug testing, during or after each single stage;
• use threats or verbal abuses to the Organizing Committee or behave improperly. The Organizing committee have the ultimate and final authority to disqualify athletes.
The accompanying-persons registration fee and the items included in it are the same as for runners. Instead of the running courses the accompanying – persons will have a tour/visits to some historical places and interesting points of the region.
Early registration (Premium): until June 30, 900 euro
Late registration, until August 31st, 1000 euro.
For participants that will have only right to start the races (no accommodation, transfers or post-race meals not included), 150 euro (Basic). It is possible to do some customized offer (add post-race meals, or transfers to the basic price). For that organizer must be contacted directly via email.
Special offer: for group registration (5 or more persons) 800 eur per person (until August 31st)
Until June 30th: 50% money refund
Until August 31st: 25% money refund
After August 31st: no money refund
In the case the minimum number of participants is not reached until August 31st, the event will be cancelled and the full amount of money will be refunded.
Upon registration, athletes acknowledge that they have read and understood the contents of these Rules and they have agreed to the terms. Any possible complaint can be lodged within an hour of the race, leaving $50 deposit which will be given back only in case the complaint is accepted.
The Organizing Committee is composed by:
• Race director: Marko Herman
• Sponsor/media coordinator: Anamaria Marović
• One or two aid stations in all stages including: water, coke, salty and sweet snacks and fruit.
• It is strictly forbidden to throw rubbish all over the course, ON risk OF DISQUALIFICATION (see article 14). Rubbish must be thrown at the aid stations.
• Croatian Mountain Rescue Service (HGSS) will take care of the safety during each stage
• There will be a “sweep” service too.
PRIZES will be awarded to:
• the first three athletes of the overall male and female rankings.
For any possible dispute, the place of jurisdiction is Split (Croatia).